Submit2gm requires Python to run. On Windows you can use the python version packaged with Envoy however on both Mac and Linux Envoy does not package a compatible Python version. Instead Python is downloaded separately when Submit2gm is installed by Envoy. You can download the versions of Python Envoy installs from the links below:
Or alternatively use your own version if you already have a compatible version installed.
Note that after installing Submit2gm you will have to make sure a config.ini file is added to each plug-in that uses it. By default the Envoy installer will auto-generate this config.ini file but if you are manually installing a plug-in along with Submit2gm then you will have to create this file yourself. See the dedicated install instructions for the plug-in you are manually installing for instructions on this step.
How to update Submit2gm
You may have seen a message like this when opening Submit2gm from your applications plug-in.
Submit2gm checks to see if there are any optional or required updates available for it during sign in. If an update is required then Submit2gm will prevent you from signing in to it's interface, if the update is optional you can choose to ignore the warning.
To update Submit2gm you must reinstall one of the plug-ins that use it via Envoy (any plug-in except our houdini HDAs). It is advised to follow the below steps to trigger an update for Submit2gm:
1. Closed any applications that may be using one of our plug-ins
2. Make sure Submit2gm is not running in the background. You can check by making sure that there is no GridMarkets Icon in your system tray. If there is then right click it and select "Stop Submit2gm"
3. Close and reopen Envoy to make sure Envoy updates it's information about the plug-ins
4. Uninstall the plug-in you are trying to use
5. Re-install the plug-in you are trying to use. You should see Envoy downloading the latest version of Submit2gm in the progress spinner at this point.
At this point Submit2gm should be updated and you can retry submitting from your application of choice.