HOUDINI - Troubleshooting in general
Where in the process does the submission fail?
- If a Houdini error is reported on hitting Submit in the render_submit ROP then please provide the error text or a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the Preflight doesn't appear the ensure you're logged into Envoy.
- If that still doesn't work then delete and put down a new render_submit ROP and, if necessary, delete & reinstall the HDAs from Envoy's Plugins menu.
- If the Launcher hangs or there's a Houdini error, then please send the gm_houdini.log file that can be found in:
- Windows - $HOME\houdini\X.X\gridmarkets
- Mac - ~/Library/Preferences/houdini/X.X/gridmarkets
- Linux - ~/houdini/X.X/gridmarkets
Do you have connectivity?
Can't login to Envoy?
- Ensure you have entered the correct email ID and password, and NOT the Access Key that you'd provide to your clients and collaborators
Can't upload any files?
If there is no upload progress reported in the Launcher:
- Check that you are still logged into Envoy, as per above;
- See if there is any progress in the Envoy log;
- Send the Envoy log to email@example.com.
No job started confirmation after upload completes?
If you don't see the following dialog after submitting a job:
Did you select "Start Render Jobs" in the pre-flight? If not then select the "Advanced" tab in the GridMarkets Render Submit ROP and select "Create Jobs When Resubmitting Last Render" and hit "Resubmit Last Render".
You can optionally also select "Load Cached Preflight Data" to skip the pre-flight check. If that still doesn't work then please send the gm_houdini.log (see above) in a ticket.
HOUDINI - Upload Files and Start Render Jobs features
Disabling Upload Files feature allows you to submit the job without checking which files are to be uploaded. In other words it will only submit a render job without uploading anything. If you want to resubmit the scene from Houdini and all files are ...
Envoy installation under Linux [Linux]
Envoy for Linux has been tested with Ubuntu, Fedora, Open Suse, Mint, Debian and several other distros, but given that distros can be highly customised we can NOT guarantee it will install or run. This article provides information on how to handle ...
HOUDINI + REDSHIFT - Render optimizations
Summary This article explains the process of pre-converting textures to help decrease render times when rendering with Redshift. The following topics are covered: Pre-Convert Textures - References for converting textures locally. Upload Pre-Converted ...
Telnet installation [Windows \ Linux \ MacOS]
Windows Telnet is an application available as Windows feature which is not installed by default. In order to install this program please run the cmd.exe console ("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe") as root (right click on cmd.exe and choose "Run as ...
HOUDINI - Correcting for missing project ("Upload Files" switch)
If your job failed and submission in Envoy shows "Project directory missing" after hovering the cursor over the job status - it means you have submitted the job with "Upload Files" feature disabled in the plugin. In order to fix this please make sure ...